Open positions you may be interested in...
Guillen Pujol CPAs is looking for a Tax Manager to join our Tax Services Department. The role will give you the opportunity to advise clients on their local and global tax affairs while working as a strategic advisor and problem-solver. You will help us stay tax-compliant and up-to-date on new tax laws.
As a Tax Manager, you will lead a team of problem solvers, and:
- Supervise and make sure that all staff is fully meeting compliance obligations for clients within legal boundaries and our firm’s professional policies,
- Supervise other members of our staff with respect to technical tax and compliance matters, and lead the tax team in their professional development,
- Provide high-level consulting services to clients,
- Develop rapport with clients and other staff members aimed at fostering clients’ business growth and our staff’s professional growth,
- Identify and implement tax planning and consulting opportunities for clients,
- Perform technical reviews of tax returns, extensions, and estimated tax payments for partnerships, S- Corporations, C-Corporations, trusts, and individual tax clients.
- Follow up on timely job completion,
- Perform tax research
- Prepare tax returns
- Identify opportunities to minimize the effective tax rate
- Oversee non-income tax compliance
Qualifications – Education / Preferred Requirements:
- A CPA Active License
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
- 4+ years of international tax experience within public accounting firms (at least three 3), with compliance knowledge of Forms 5471s, 5472s, FBAR filing, and FATCA, an also solid understanding of IRS Voluntary Disclosure Programs,
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English due to the extensive number of Hispanic clients
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance
The ideal candidate is dedicated to high-quality, detailed work, a self-starter, and an avid multitasker with a proven ability to handle numerous projects, types of clients, engagements, and all levels of client management, and referral sources.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success in roles managing tax teams, preferably for an international network of professional tax and accounting services consulting firms, and tax Consulting services, restructuring tax issues, financial modeling, and tax planning.
- Demonstrates proven extensive technical skills and success in a managing role involving the application and interpretation of the U.S. Federal income tax laws related to partnerships, tax-efficient structuring, and technical writing.
- Demonstrates proven extensive interpersonal skills,
- Demonstrates proven extensive technical and computer skills. An ability to write complex formulas in Excel in order to identify issues and solve problems,
- Demonstrates proven extensive skills and success in roles identifying and addressing client needs by actively participating in client discussions and meetings and managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Demonstrates proven success as a team leader:
- Leading and supervising the tax team to create an atmosphere of trust,
- Seeking diverse views to encourage innovation,
- Coaching the tax staff, including delivering meaningful feedback,
This is a full-time salaried position in our Miami office and is open to hybrid work. We offer a great compensation package and a flexible work schedule.
Please note that, at this time, to be in person at a GPCPAs office, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at the company without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.